ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Friday 17th April, Roslin Institute, Edinburgh
3. Honorary Treasurer's Report
4. Honorary Secretary's Report and Business for Transaction
a) Genetics Society Medal 2016: Ottoline Leyser (Sainsbury Laboratory, University of Cambridge, UK)
b) The Mary Lyon Medal 2016: Duncan Odom (CRUK Cambridge Institute, UK)
c) Balfour Lecture 2016, Felicity Jones (Friedrich Miescher Laboratory of the Max Planck Society,
d) JBS Haldane Lecture 2016: Aoife McLysaght (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
e) The Sir Kenneth Mather Prize - 2013: Laura Corbin (University of Edinburgh, UK); 2014: Tom Booker
(University of Edinburgh, UK)
Applications for new membership
f) Election of new members
g) Election of new Executive sub-Committee officers
i. Vice-President, Public Understanding of Genetics
ii. Postgraduate Representative
h) Election of new ordinary Committee members
i. Area A (Gene structure, function and regulation)
ii. Area B (Genomics)
iii. Area C (Cell and developmental genetics)
iv. Area D (Applied and quantitative genetics)
v. Area F (Corporate genetics and biotechnology)
Item 4 (g) Executive sub-Committee ballot
1. Alison Woollard (University of Oxford): Vice-President, Public Understanding of Genetics, to replace Chris Smith. Proposer: Malcolm Logan; Seconder: Tanya Whitfield.
2. Lynsey Hall (University of Edinburgh): Postgraduate Representative, to replace Kay Boulton. Proposer: Kay Boulton; Seconder: Chris Hayley.
Item 4 (h) Committee ballot
3. Douglas Vernimmen (The Roslin Institute, University of Edinburgh): Committee member Area 'A' (Gene Structure, function and regulation), to replace Colum Walsh. Proposer: Wendy Bickmore; Seconder: Kay Boulton.
4. Michael Simpson (King's College London): Committee member Area 'B' (Genomics), to replace Jane Rogers. Proposer: Rebecca Oakey; Seconder: Malcolm Logan.
5. Marika Charalambous (Queen Mary University of London): Committee member Area 'C' (Cell and developmental genetics), to replace Ian Henderson. Proposer: Rebecca Oakey; Seconder: Colum Walsh.
6. Kay Boulton (University of Edinburgh): Committee member Area 'D' (Applied and quantitative genetics) to replace Jon Slate. Proposer: whole committee.
7. Jim Huggett (LGC): Committee member Area 'F' (Corporate genetics and biotechnology), to complete Dominique Kleyn's term. Proposer: Martin Taylor; Seconder: DJ de Koning.
The Genetics Society
Other pages in the About section that you may be interested in: