Grants of up to £1,000 are available to enable members to go on short training courses in the area of Genetics research. In some cases, longer courses or visiting another laboratory for training may be allowed. Eligible expenses include travel, accommodation, subsistence and tuition fees.
Criteria for Eligibility:
• Applicants must be members of the Genetics Society.
• Only one application from any research group will be funded in any one year.
• Recipients of these grants must submit a short report within two months of completion of the project that may be included in the GS newsletter.
• A maximum of one grant per individual per two years will be awarded.
Applications should be made online via the Genetics Society Grants application site. Deadlines are bi-monthly (1 February, 1 April, 1 June, 1 August, 1 October and 1 December). Please click here to apply for a Genetics Society Grant.
A complete application should contain the following:
• A completed online GS Funding Application Form
• If applicant is a PhD student, the application must be accompanied by a supporting statement from their supervisor or head of department, which should be uploaded via the online application form before the deadline.
The Genetics Society aims to notify the decision within one month of applications. However, applicants are advised to submit applications at the earliest opportunity, and at least 3 months in advance of the start date of training. We regret that feedback on unsuccessful applications is not available.
Other pages in the Funding section that you may be interested in: